Wednesday, March 11, 2009

my ambition


everyone has his own ambition...ako pud eh, nee pud ko. alangan... hehe...

my ambition was to be a medical doctor someday. specifically a pediatrician. this is because my biological father (who died when i as 2 years 11 months old) is a medical doctor. but he does not a specialty. after schooling for 4 years of pre-medicine course, he decided to go out of the country to study accupuncture. he chose to study accupuncture in China than to proceed in schooling in proper medicine because of the reason that my lola (his mother) has an illness and he thinks that he can treat or even just alleviate lola's hardship in struggling against her illness with accupuncture. he sacrificed schooling in proper medicine just to help lola.

i was touched by the attitude and the passion of my father to help lola in her sufferings.

if we hear the word doctor, what comes to our mind is that he is rich becuase they are working in the hospital with a big salary, not less than 20,000 pesos a month...because they save lives. but my father is different. he did not work in a hospital. instead, he accepted an offer to work in a poor area and he was only payed 2,000 a month. where will you a doctor like him today?

this reason moved me to be also like him; to help other people who are in need. the work of my father has touched me to dedicate myself in helping others. i did not choose this profession to be rich but to help people in thier struggles and to just like my father.

No comments:

Post a Comment